Thursday, May 2, 2013

Battery test results

Battery test results. One hybrid marine battery did go 2 days with fridge, lights and TV. However I thought with the hybrid designed for trolling motors etc. would supply the amps to run the blender and it gave up early on this task. I used the van battery for the blender and charging the ipad and it would still start. The coach battery is new and the van battery is marginal. 2 days the coach is down to 12.1, 12.37 after one day. This measured with no load (fridge off etc.) With load it was down to 12. My idiot light should have shown low battery at 12.1 but it is still showing the battery good. 20 minuet idle of the motor and I am up to 12.5. 12.9 seems to be full charge so 20 min. of idle doesn't bring it all the way up.

Volts of a battery at rest is not a good test, I know, but it is what I have. High on the list is a better way to have this show up. The idiot light I have is even worse than measuring the voltage.

No comments:

Post a Comment